Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sharing My Blog

Yes it's true: I want people to read my blog and it would be fun to spark up some conversations with readers via commenting, but the wrong way to do it is by trying to turn my "WoW Detox" blog into a blog for WoW addicts (who are still playing) to read and comment on. Instead, I put another invitation post on WoW Detox and hopefully some folks who DON'T play WoW anymore or are trying to stop playing will come and enjoy my posts and maybe join in with some comments.

Also, I invited my dad to read my blog, and some other people too (Hi Laura!!). It has been a lot of fun reading what my dad has to say about my entries.

One of the most important aspects of WoW to me was the social side. I spent much of my game time chatting with people from the second I logged in until the moment that I logged off, and I'm having an increasingly difficult time dealing with total solitude in this text environment.

It's not that I want people to say, "OMG U R SO UBER LEET!!!" with every post that I write. I am lonely for conversation with others. I really miss chatting with people and all the funny, ridiculous things we'd talk about. It gave me the chance to say and emote how I felt about whatever I wanted.

When a friend would log on, I would often send them a message like this, "*Badjoojoo flies through the air and lands on top of ___________ for a big, huge hug and smooch on the cheek*" or in guild I would be silly and type something like, "*Lakotah bounces around the guild hall, happily chucking paper balls at guildies*" Or whatever. I enjoyed being the cheerleader and the person who injected goofiness to a conversation. I liked being a person that people could relax around and just have fun with.

Anyway, it's nice to understand my motivation for wanting to share my blog. I really miss the social aspect of WoW. However, this can be remedied! Hey, if you're a reader from WoW Detox, please feel free to leave comments and if you have your own blog, I'd love to follow along, so let me know what the URL is! If you don't have a blog, think about starting your own...it really is very therapeutic to talk about what motivated you to play WoW for so long. Don't forget that you're NOT a bad person for becoming an addict, and you ARE courageous for finding a way to stop or for working towards that goal. I understand, believe me.

4 comments:

  1. Hey I saw your post on another blog and I read through all your blogs so far. I just quit WoW again (for the bazillionth time) and I resurrected a blog I started about it forever ago. http://exwowchick.blogspot.com/ is my blog if you're interested, I look forward to reading more of your blogs either way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for stopping, even though you tried and failed before. Today is a new day, and it's a day without WoW in it. You can do this! The world is full of possibilities and so many fun things to explore and do!

    Oh, and now that I have the URL to your blog, you will now have a visitor, so I expect UPDATES! *peers over to your computer* What did you do that's fun today?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched a TV show with the husband today (Wipeout, one of the few I can get him into!), and right now I'm playing the Sims 3. Video games that I can pause yay! We were planning on going outside today but it's been pouring all evening. I love rain when it's warm and soft, not so much when it's trying to drown everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do all of our TV watching via Netflix! No commercials, yayyyyy! This way you can watch all of the episodes in order too, we just love that!

    I tried to get into the Sims games (I got 3 too) and I just can't see the draw...I feel like I'm a voyeur and I'm playing god over these people...and I guess I never discovered a goal (maybe because I didn't read the rulebook?) so I got bored and stopped...I guess I only gave it about an hour of my time and never picked it up again.

    I know what you mean about the joy of stepping away from a game whenever you like. I have Dragonage, Torchlight, and The Witcher, but I just don't feel like touching any computer games right now. Too many other things to do!

    On rain: I agree! Nice when it's warm, horrible when it's cold. Add wind for extra awfulness!

    ReplyDelete