Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pumpkin the Supervisor

A few days ago I went down to clear brush for the afternoon and this time, I decided to find out if my darling parrot, Pumpkin, would enjoy hanging out with me. So I popped her in our tiny "chicken carrier", filled her cups with food, and off we went! I hung her in a tree near the action and hoped she wouldn't start squawking or making plaintive, worried cheeps--either would signal I'd need to bring her back to the house. To my relief, she thought this was a great idea and looked everywhere with fascination, and didn't make a peep! I kept a very close eye on her as I carried or dragged branches and entire bushes past her to the brushpile, and after a while, she relaxed enough to notice her food. After that, every time I looked over, she had a fist full of fruits or vegetables while she watched the world around her.

No comments:

Post a Comment