Thursday, February 10, 2011

Another Day Without WoW, WOOT!

I don't miss it. I do think about people I know and have checked our guild website to see who's on vent and to see if there's anything going on, but I have no interest in logging on.

I worked out on the orbital trainer today and watched part of "From Here to Eternity," which is a neat movie and garnered all kinds of awards. My favorite part is watching Montgomery Clift...omg he's such a gorgeous man...so sad that he died at 45! Burt Lancaster is also a hunk but he comes off as so arrogant that I don't care.

I also spent a lot of time working on my InDesign training and had fun with that.

It was another beautiful day; took a walk down to the gate to get the mail and saw my husband off for his business trip. I used to spend all my time playing WoW when Steve was away...I don't even care about it now! YAY!

I also spent 20 minutes breaking down a couple of scrub brush bushes by our front gate and throwing the branches on the brush pile nearby. Steve thinks I'm crazy for enjoying this activity but I just love clearing brush when the weather is nice and I'm not being magnetically sucked into WoW. When Steve gets back, I'll definitely be making some hours available to work on this ongoing project. It makes me feel wonderful knowing that we will have so many hours available to us now for so many things!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)
    Enjoy new life - there's so much to do! Music, art, science, education, sports, job=money - go on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, saw your post on wowdetox... quit a few days ago myself after two years immersion in the game. My hubby quit a couple months ago. It's hard!! I can still talk to some of my fave guildies on facebook at least. Love your blog, added it to my favorites and will utilize it as a tool to keep me strong! Thanks for posting and for the inspiration to keep at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also saw the post on wowdetox. I just recently quit as of last night, so this is day 1 for me.

    Looking forward to following your progress. GL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for the comments everyone! :) I appreciate your support, and I hope I can be there for you too. *hugs all around* We can do this! :)

    ReplyDelete