Monday, February 21, 2011

Movie: Anatomy of a Murder

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I love movies! I also don't think a person has any business forming critical opinions about films if they don't like classic black and whites. There's something very special about them that you don't get from a color movie. Some of my favorite movies are black and whites: Mister Roberts, Stalag 17, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, The African Queen, All About Eve...need I go on? I consider myself to be a fair judge when it comes to reviewing a movie, and part of the reason is because I love and totally appreciate classic black and white films.

James Stewart. Yeah, you just gotta love that guy. What an actor. He got an Academy Award nomination for his performance in this film, and though we've only watched an hour of it so far, I can see why people were impressed. (By the way, I checked and found out that Charlton Heston took the award for his performance in Ben Hur. And if he wasn't enough competition, how about Jack Lemmon in Some Like it Hot? The other nominations I can't speak of as I haven't seen the pictures, but um, that's enough. Oh, one other thing: The Academy Awards SUCK. It's all politics and though awards are handed out fairly on occasion, it's often totally stupid. Can you say Avatar? Don't get me started.)

So anyway, we are really enjoying Anatomy of a Murder. I found myself riveted immediately and am totally looking forward to watching the rest of it tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment