Friday, February 11, 2011

Movies > WoW

My husband is away so tonight as I cuddled with my adorable parrot and she cleaned her feathers and fell asleep nestled up next to my thigh, I watched an animated movie called "Ponyo." It was wonderful. Made by my very favorite Anime director, Hayao Miyazaki, it is the story of a little fish who falls in love with a boy and wants to become a human so she can spend her life with him. This movie is directed at a very young audience, but anyone who loves Miyazaki's work will enjoy it so much. My favorite Miyazaki film--my favorie animated movie--is My Neighbor Totoro, and I really don't think it will ever be topped, it's just that perfect. If you are interested in reading more about Ponyo, I've provided a link to the Wiki page for it and for the magical movie, My Neighbor Totoro...enjoy!

It's wonderful to have so many more hours available in my life to do other things now. I can watch movies again. I can look at things on the internet. I can play with my dogs and my darling parrot. I can do things to reinvent myself, like learn a new computer program to help me return to the world of graphic design. I spent hours and hours doing that today, and it was so much fun!

Life without WoW rocks. It really does.

No comments:

Post a Comment