Saturday, February 26, 2011

Photography is So Much Fun!

I walked down to the gate a few days ago with our new camera and took some pictures here and there. I hoped I could capture some of the beauty around our property, and some of the moodiness of this rainy, wintery day.


I love leaves and as I walked on our gravel road, I saw this one which I thought had very interesting spots. It would be neat to see this leaf under a microscope and look at the bacteria colonies hard at work!


I like this close-up view of the oak leaf and the positive/negative space of the image.


What a strange pine tree branch! It seems like a mutant, don't you think?


I originally wanted to take a picture of our seasonal pond but found myself more interested in the reflections of the trees and plants and the silhouettes against the moody sky.


Here is another reflection-silhouette image with a power pole and wires adding to the moody quality. Which do you like better?


Rain was beginning to fall and added interest to this image of a plant reflection


Another image of a plant reflection with rain rippling the pond water.


I love seeing silhouettes of bare trees against a winter sky. I think they look so lonely but so beautiful.


When I took this picture of the main road going past our property, I wasn't sure it would be interesting. Steve loved it though, so here it is! Click on the image to see the full-sized image

No comments:

Post a Comment