Monday, February 7, 2011

OMG, are we really doing this?

There's a lot to tell about this huge part of my life but my husband and I are in the process of putting it behind us. We have our own guild--my husband is the guild leader, and I am one of the officers, and yesterday we told each of our officers and closest in-game friends that we were quitting the game and probably not coming back. After we did that, we logged out and cancelled our accounts. They will still be active for another month, which is actually good, because we need to make sure that we can say goodbye to people properly and not just dump and run. Everyone in our guild is a friend to us and it would be terrible just to leave without letting them have a chance to say goodbye to us.

Today we let another person know who we are very close with, and we had our last raid encounter. We're fine with it.

It has been a very emotional, tear-filled couple of days and has been very hard for us in some ways, but a huge relief in others.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just noticed your blog header says:

    "My husband and I stopped playing WoW on Feb. 7, 2010"

    Don't you mean 2011, or have you been clean for a year? :)

    ~ Booe

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEEeeeeEEEEE!!!! Thank you for catching that!! I shall fix that immediately!

    ReplyDelete