Thursday, February 17, 2011

IT'S SNOWING!!! *SQUEEEE*!!!!

Before we cuddled up in bed to watch How to Train Your Dragon, we took the garbage can down to the gate and were surprised to see that there was some snow sprinkling down! It has snowed very little this season...I think only a couple of times, and it wasn't very much. We brushed the snow off our sweaters when we came into the house and wondered if it would keep falling.

After the movie, Steve let the dogs out before putting Moosie and Zoe in their sleeping crate (Molly sleeps with us) and I stayed upstairs to brush my teeth. I heard a knock on the door and Steve comes in and says, "Here, CATCH!" And tosses an ENORMOUS snowball at me! Which I dropped. Which exploded on the floor into several chunks. LOL! Oh brother! :D I went bouncing downstairs and out onto the porch where I watched Steve show me how Zoe likes to have snowballs thrown right into her face, the dork! He'd get some snow while she was dancing around, and then he'd say, "Want this Zoe?! Want this?!" BOOM! RIGHT IN THE KISSER! And she'd bark and jump all over the place in happiness! OMG. What a dork! That's our Zoe!

Before they came in, I stood there and watched the snow falling down in big and small flakes, lost in the beauty of it. I was born in San Francisco and lived there for most of my 46 years, so when we came up here to Medford, Oregon, experiencing snow where I lived was something new and special. After five years, it's still a very special event to enjoy and appreciate. We're glad we don't get a lot of snow, but it's enough to be pretty and to have snowball fights with, and we've even made a snowman or two! I wonder what we will find tomorrow morning when we get up? I hope that the property is sparkling with a beautiful blanket of snow!

This is a snowman Steve made three years ago! Maybe we can make a new one tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment