Saturday, March 5, 2011

This House is Clean!

It's the 5th of March and that means my WoW account is no longer active. Steve and I still had our games on our machines just in case we were asked to log on for something, but happily, that wasn't necessary. I haven't played for an entire month except for an hour about three weeks ago when I logged in to distribute items and to say goodbye.

This morning I got up, hopped on my computer and uninstalled WoW! It asked if that's what I really want to do and I was like, "YES! QUIT STALLING!" An instant later the deed was done. I don't know...it just seems like it should have taken a long time to get rid of that life-sucker. I'm glad it's finally off my machine. I wasn't worried about getting pulled in again, I just wanted WoW out of my life completely because I've moved on and it serves no purpose.

Found this image to put up, though I don't entirely agree with what it says. People who play WoW aren't necessarily losers. Some are, some aren't. And people who play WoW DO have lives, some just choose WoW for the place they like to spend time. In my case, I learned that life in WoW is completely superficial and in the end, I didn't mean much to anyone at all. I also realized that nothing mattered to me either. When I turned the game off, it was like raising the blinds and seeing the real world for the first time in a very long while. Life without WoW is infinitely better and I'll never go back because there's nothing for me in that game anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment