Sunday, March 6, 2011

Oh Those Fornicatin' Froggies!

Tonight I walked down to our gate to put a Netflix movie in the mail for pickup tomorrow and as I walked down the road with my little flashlight, I thought how peaceful it was. The cool breeze on my face, and what was that sound? Off to the right, a deer ran off into the trees from where I surprised it. Then, I found it difficult to even think because I was approaching our seasonal pond and omg...the cacophany of froggies calling out for a date was deafening! It makes me laugh, they're so LOUD! About a month ago, Steve and I walked down to the pond at night and sat by the edge of the water to just listen to the frogs and toads advertising for love. Steve recorded their calls on his iPhone and was able to transfer it over to the pc so I could share it here! I just love frogs. They're so cute and when they croak, their vocal pouches get so HUGE! Frogs RULE!


Here's a picture of one of the Pacific Tree Frogs that is partying down at the pond. This cutie pie was on the side of our house one evening a couple of years ago. We find them in our shop, our garage, and once we even found one in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment