Monday, March 7, 2011

Between Storms

Today when I saw that it wasn't raining and the sun was shining through the clouds, I decided to go for a walk around the property. I wanted to bring only Zoe this time because she's so easy to dry off and doesn't get muddy. I grabbed the camera and got a few pictures to share! Enjoy! By the way, about 30 minutes after we got back, it started pouring again!

It's been raining so much that the stream that runs down to our seasonal pond is more like a creek than a stream right now!

Goofball Zoe is checking out the edge of our overflowing pond.

This is our bloated pond, full of froggies just waiting until nightfall so they can have another rave party!

I did it! I did it! I took an extreme close-up with our new camera! This droplet measured about one eighth of an inch in diameter! (Click on "extreme close-up" for a zoomed in view)

I thought the moss and fungus on this fallen tree was very cool looking!

There are many granite outcroppings on our property and moss loves to grow on it. The vibrant green colors are so beautiful this time of year!

Another view of the moss on the granite with a manzanita tree and Zoe in the background

Water flowing down from the hillside shining on a mossy granite outcropping.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not pulling you out at all..as I'm the same....but it's amazing how much we miss when we were players of WoW. We all saw what you see....out our windows, we all thought about it when we brought our garbage to the end of the driveway, or to get our mail...but we don't really appreciate it until we're away from something that took up so much time and attention from us. Not sure if you feel the same way...but its amazing the pics you took. Thats some amazing scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! :D Photography is so much fun!
    Yeah, I know exactly how you feel. I would actually try to IGNORE that it was a beautiful day because I wanted to play WoW and darn it, I didn't need any stupid distractions like the REAL WORLD!

    ReplyDelete