Saturday, March 12, 2011

Look Who Came To Visit!!!!!!!!!

While I was finishing my post about the earthquake in Japan, Steve ran into the room and yelled, "COME QUICK!! LOOK OUT THE BATHROOM WINDOW!!!"

Sitting on one of the wrought iron poles we use to attach the bird feeders was a raptor!! It looked like one we'd seen a couple of years ago but we weren't sure.

Steve and I creeped downstairs quietly and he grabbed the camera. Happily, it stayed long enough to be photographed!

This is an adult Sharp-Shinned Hawk. "Come to eat your seeds little tasty birdies! I would like you to be my LUNCH!"

This is the bird Steve photographed a couple of years ago. This is also an adult Sharp-Shinned Hawk. I would like to thank Louise Shimmel from the Cascades Raptor Center and Lynn Tompkins from Blue Mountain Wildlife for their help in identifying these birds! I emailed them to ask if they knew what type of raptor these birds are and each wrote back with excellent descriptions. THANKS SO MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment