Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Chickens!

Ok, ok, they aren't chickens and I don't care! I love to call birds "chickens"! In fact, one of my parrot's nicknames is Chicken!

I took some more pictures of the cutie pies at the feeders!

Look, look! It's a Hut-Hut Bird! I finally got a picture! Nuthatches are really hard to photograph because they zoom in, dance down the side of the feeder, grab a seed and zoom off again, and they are usually in a place where I can't get a picture! "HUT-HUT-HUT-HUT!"

I thought this might have been the first sighting of an American Goldfinch that hadn't quite molted to its bright coloring. However, upon closer inspection, I can see it's a Lesser Goldfinch, shown here with a Junco. There's nothing "less" about this bird, they are just beautiful!

This is a female (left) and male Lesser Goldfinch

Would you just take a look at this handsome boy?! Very soon now, the Juncos will migrate to their summer homes, so I want to enjoy them while they're here!

Here is a House Finch, gobbling seeds!

This is a Lark Sparrow. I'll try to take a better one soon; these birds are rather plain looking, and against the feeder they are not very easy to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment